Monday, September 21, 2009

YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY WON!!

So, I've been thinking lately...What would I do if I won the Lottery? OK...I admit my thinking has been spurred on by a trashy cable TV show about people winning the lottery and how it did/didn't change their lives. And I will also admit that I don't even PLAY the lottery! And I don't even want to!...unlike my children who LOVE scratch cards!...but that doesn't stop me from dreaming about what I'd do with the winnings! So...imagine you've won, oh let's say...16 million dollars! (Oh, and since this is MY dream world...all taxes have been paid...which would probably be a whopping 52%!) You've just won $16,000,000.00!!! What are you going to do? Yes...I would fly (first class!) all my kids (that includes spouses/significant others and perhaps a niece or nephew or two!) and grandkids to Walt Disney World for a week or more! Of course, we'd be staying in the Grand Floridian and we'd all have the Fantasmic Dinner package...with whatever other fancy behind-the-scenes tours we could take! And breakfast with Mickey every day! Next up...I'd buy Sweetie a new truck! After all, it's the least I could do since I probably borrowed the five bucks to buy the winning lottery ticket from him! Oh...and Sweetie...it's got a HEMI! I'd probably get me a little something too...but I don't know what...maybe just a new Honda Civic or CRV. And definitely, a couple of 4-wheelers!
Yes...I'd buy a new house! It wouldn't be huge but it would have 1)a family room big enough for the whole gang 2) a covered porch to sit on and 3) a mudroom!...oh, and maybe some heated towel racks!
Can't forget the cabin! In fact, I've already got a head start on this dream! Even though there is no way possible for us to ever get one (except in my dreams!) I've already been collecting "cool stuff" (old wash tubs, old chairs, etc) to put in "my cabin".
See, I wouldn't go totally nuts...most of the money would go in the bank for future expenses. I wouldn't go out and buy gold-plated Grecian urns or turquoise-studded swimming pools or coal-truck size diamond rings. Just a few little vital things to make Sweetie, me and the family happy.
Oh...and maybe this...
A Pagani Zonda!! Just a mere $350,000!! But man, can it go!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Nice post. I want you to win the lottery too! :)

Erin said...

Oh also, nice Rockapella music! HA!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! If we are at all included in any of this million dollars, then I am crossing my fingers that you win someday!!! Oh, and defiantly got to get the 350,000 car!!! NICE!

Phil, Marilee & Ella said...

I think about this every day. Hey-if you say it will never happen, it won't! Love it!!